What a ride!!!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Baby continued....

The next several days were a blur. I was busy daydreaming of our little one and calling around to find a doctor! (my doctor completely stopped delivering babies-so had to find another!) The holidays went by quickly without a peep mustered to either side of the family. My first doctors appointment was not until the end of January and we were both prepared to wait until the time was right to tell our friends and family. Although to our surprise (well, not really mine) Justin's brother Jason and his wife Brandi were expecting too! Our little bundle would have a cousin just a few weeks older! That is one thing I truly cherished about my pregnancy was going through it with Brandi. It was so nice to be able to call/text her with anything.
My first doctors appointment was interesting! People just don't really tell you what to expect. We received our fuzzy black and white photos and were told our baby would arrive Aug. 22, 2009! Wow, we really were going to be parents. Then it was time to announce via text/calls the big news. First on the list-my mom. I called her immediately after the celebration lunch we had at Olive Garden (I love that place). I told her to sit down, and I had some news. I think she knew what I was going to say, and was thrilled. She wanted to call my dad, so with specific instructions to "be nice" she broke the news to him too. Our family was very excited, Janet was in heaven learning she was gonna be a "Granna" twice in the month of August.
On Jan. 26th I broke the news to all of my closest friends. It was a great weekend to share my news with my girls! They were all very excited to be aunts!! The next several months flew by-I was very blessed to have hardly any pregnancy problems, other than the weight gain-my left ankle would swell up-my blood pressured stayed low and baby was moving a lot.
At our 16 week check up I was getting really anxious and really wanted to find out if our bundle was a boy or a girl. My doctor ended up squeezing in a 15 second ultrasound and there it was in all of HIS glory! Spread legged! Although I still couldn't really see much-my doctor was quite certain that it was a boy. I have never seen such a huge smile before on Justin's face. He was one proud papa! The same day Jason and Brandi found out they were having a boy too!!
All of my closest friends hosted a shower for me and Cooper on July 18th in Austin. It was great. God preformed a miracle-since my mom was able to make it. We loaded the car and drove home to get the nursery set up. My mom and Nanny helped me put together and put up all the goodies. The nursery turned out so cute! Just a little over a month left before we would meet our little bundle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment